Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Charleston to Birmingham and My Forum on Planet 9

First things first, I now have my own forum platform on Planet-9.com, the largest site out there for Cayman enthusiasts, at http://www.planet-9.com/driving-gusto/. Thanks, Ken!


What I do not have, sadly, are any pics to post since I left my camera battery and charger charging away as I charged out the door at the crack of dawn this morning after a banner night out in Charleston.  Hopefully, they will catch up with me here on Friday.  Until then, the pictures I tweet will just have to do.  Speaking of which, I visited the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum today, which had some phenomenal cars, and I tweeted pics of some of the best specimens.  I start my two day performance driving course at the Porsche Sport Driving School tomorrow.  Be afraid, be very afraid, especially you obnoxious kids with the Carreras . . .


As for last night, I ended up at a little sushi place on King, sitting next to this incredibly nice guy who has a few restaurants/bars in Charleston and a friend who engineers Porsche brakes.  He was totally enthused about my trip and after giving me all kinds of great suggestions for restaurants I have to experience along the way, he ended up taking me to his fantastic bar, Closed for Business, so I could meet some of his friends, one of whom is the Chef de Cuisine at Fig, where I had an incredible dinner my first night in Charleston.  Every chef and other foodie there last night told me whatever I do, I absolutely must go to Hot and Hot Fish Club (where Chris Hastings is now) while I am in Birmingham. So, that is the plan for tonight.


On a side note, while I was listening to the CB driving here today, this trucker was telling a joke that starts, "what's the difference between a condom and a Kodak camera?" About 15 seconds later I had rocketed out of range, so I never heard the punchline. If anyone knows the punchline, please share. Only knowing half the joke is a slow kind of torture, especially a joke with such promise ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Damn truckers can't get their jokes right. "What's does a Kodak camera and a condom have in common?" A: "They both capture the moment."

    Here's one you can tell 'em. "How do you get 99 old ladies to say 'f***' at the same time?" A: "Yell "Bingo!"

    It was great meeting you the other night. I'll keep up with your blog and maybe we can cross paths again.

    ReplyDelete